Music makes the world a better place!
Live, work, and enjoy piano playing in Mannheim City-Center
Living rooms as well as piano salon, comfortably located in the same building.
Are you looking for a furnished room and a practise room for the first time after your arrival in Mannheim, to prepare entrance exams, competitions or solo concerts? The entrance examinations begin at German music academies and conservatories, and you are looking for an easy and uncomplicated way to book a furnished living room for a short time rental period as well as a practise room with a good grand piano?
The piano-restoration company "Die Stimmgabel" now offers newcomers furnished living rooms as well as piano practise rooms. You like fast and direct communication, pragmatic preparation of your stay in Mannheim, and an easy handling of bookings? We strongly focus on the attentive care and warm welcome of young people based on intercultural understanding under mutual esteem and respect.
Live, work and practise in the same building: Schwetzinger Strasse 42, 68165 Mannheim
- 5 completely furnished single rooms in the 1st floor, above the piano salon, equipped at high central-European standard with real parquet floor
- 2 rooms with a large balcony each
- Quick Internet/WiFi connectivity in the whole building
- 2 bathrooms, 1 dining room, and a large and lovely kitchen for shared use
- Washing machine and tumble dryer provided in the kitchen
- Attractively designed dining room for joint use and friendly get-togethers
- Closed green yard and little high terrace to enjoy some leisure time at fresh air, make new friends
- Main railway station and bus stations reachable within some minutes
- Tram station located directly vis-à-vis the location
- Supermarkets (also Asian), bakery, multinational snack bars and restaurants, hairdressers, cosmetic institutes located in the Schwetzinger Strasse
- 10 minutes to walk to the music academy, 20 minutes to the university of Mannheim, and 20 minutes to the Nationaltheater Mannheim
- 8 minutes to walk to the pedestrian precinct with all shopping facilities, cafés, restaurants, medical institutes, fitness studio
- Language schools also located within walking distance or by tram
„Live, Work, and Practise“, upstairs and downstairs, in the same building: Schwetzingerstr. 42, 68165 Mannheim
- Regular cleaning
- Towel and bedlinen exchange every 14 days, or on request
- Washing machine and tumble dryer for free use
- Direct contact to the Stimmgabel-team in case of questions or when help is needed:
Daily: 9:00 - 20:00 by phone, over messengers (SMS, WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema) or by E-Mail.
- Personal support upon prior agreement
Transparent pricing and attractive fees:
We offer high flexibility to support you in your ambition to study and work in Germany: you can book living rooms as well as piano practise rooms already from your hometown, and the “Stimmgabel”-team will thus take care of you - even before you arrive in Germany.
Important: we prefer a very good communication in advance and through the entire process instead of managing many bureaucratic paperwork.
Our flat rates (including 7 % VAT):
- 50, - € per day
- 300,- € for 1 week
- 450,- € for 2 weeks
- 600,- € on a monthly basis
For a rental period longer than 2 months we ask for a security deposit of 300, - €, which will be refunded on departure, if the premises are handed over in good condition.
We also provide to arrange contacts to professional musicians experienced in the German classical music business, who can offer you a chargeable coaching in your native language:
- The coaches explain to you the habits and priority expectations of a German conservatoire and music academy
- They are also able to explain the rules and procedures around any entrance examinations
- Fees have to be negotiated with the coaching experts
Please contact the “Stimmgabel”-team in good time:
For booking furnished single rooms please contact:
For booking piano practise rooms please contact:
We also use SMS, WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema, and E-Mail.